Monday, February 1, 2010

Here I am

I missed a month, on here that is, not in life... I was definitely present for the last month in life.

I've been thinking a lot about old friends lately. Why do we stay friends with some people and not others? I think back on life, and I remember many different people's influences in my life yet only a handful are still an active part of my life. You know that quote, "Some people come into our lives and leave foot prints on our hearts" that's not exactly the right words but the idea is that people come into our lives and leave us but what they leave behind is what we have to remember them. I'm not the best of friends, I am not good at returning phone calls in a timely manner. Maybe this is why I have more footprints on my heart... There is something to be said about re-connecting with an old friend. I enjoy the feeling of talking to them and learning about their lives and what has "come true" of their dreams.

My writing drive is on leave.
Life is sucking me dry lately.
Just got to let it be and find my way.

2 comments:

Life As I Live It said...

Gable I know exactly what you mean!!! Sometimes I think about all the friends I made at AQ and the people I hung out with and at the end of the day, the ones I still keep in touch with are the ones who made the biggest impact on my life. You, Joc, Kel, Nik, McGahey, Beth, Moe, Chris...we went through some crazy times and at the end of it all, it was you guys that were always there. P.S. you owe me a phone call ;-P

TB said...

I agree Jenn :) I have lots of footprints on my heart as well! I love knowing how you are doing and what you are up to--I love following your blog and just staying in touch :) Knowing all that you have been through, as helped me through these many difficult months of mine. You are definitely back in my life for a reason. Happy Sunday!