Thursday, August 27, 2015

Break my heart

Last night while reading Frozen (the book version) to Patrick in bed, he asked about Elsa and Anna's parents and what happened to them. I told him they had died and went to heaven. I asked him if that was sad and he said yes. He paused to consider it further and I said, "you would be sad if the moms died, wouldn't you." And he responded, "yeah. And who would take me to school and take care of us?" And I told him he wouldn't be alone and that his auntie Michelle would come and stay with them and his moms would always be in his heart. He seemed pleased with this answer and I continued in the book only to be interrupted by him saying, "if I died, the moms would be so sad and I would be all alone." I was instantly overtaken by tears and emotions and promptly told him, "you would not be alone, God would find you and Uncle Brian and Grandpa Roger and Uncle Mike, you'd never be alone".
My 34 year old brain and heart knows that both those scenarios are plausible, I pray and hope and pray that they never come true, but I was overcome with emotion for a few minutes (and again now as I type this) as I considered briefly these losses. Patrick seemed content and let it go, for which I'm glad. I continue to think of it throughout my day today. These conversations are hard, is it ok to discuss this stuff with a 4 year old? Does he understand it enough? Am I scarring or scaring him? I hope I'm doing the right thing.
I am continuously amazed that Patrick's mind, thoughts and heart. I pray I get to witness him grow into a lovely man.

1 comment:

Steve Finnell said...

SHOULD CHILDREN BE SENTENCED TO DEATH WITHOUT A TRAIL BY STEVE FINNELL

Should unborn children be executed without a judge and twelve jurors sentencing them to death? Why do adults get their day in court, but the unborn are killed without a fair trial? Why are the unborn deemed worthy of death?

The advocates of abortion contend that unborn children are not human, but are simply nonhuman fetal tissue.

God makes clear the life begins at conception.

Job 3:3 "May the day perish on which I was born. And the night in which it was said, 'A male child is conceived.'(NKJV)

Children are children at conception.

Genesis 25:21-22 Now Isaac pleaded with the Lord for his wife , because she was barren; and the Lord granted his plea, and Rebekah his wife conceived. 22 But the children struggled together within her; and she said, "If all is well, why am I this way?" So she went to inquire of the Lord.(NKJV)

Rebekah do not conceive nonhuman fetuses. Children struggled in her womb.

Luke 1:36 "Now indeed, Elizabeth your relative has also conceived a son in her old age; and this now the sixth month for her who was called barren.(NKJV)

Elizabeth conceived a son. She did not conceive a nonhuman fetus.

Did the Virgin Mary conceive Jesus as the Son of God, or was Jesus a nonhuman blog, called a fetus? (Luke 1:30-31)


Since Roe v Wade 57 million unborn babies have been executed without appearing before a judge and a jury of their peers. What crime did those 57 million babies commit that they should be sentenced to death without a trial.

YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG. http://steve-finnell.blog
Posted by Steve Finnell at 5:15 AM No comments:
Email This
BlogThis!
Share to Twitter
Share to Facebook
Share to Pinterest
Links to this post