Saturday, September 20, 2008

Glenwood Springs (part 1)


Well, I'm back. It's been a while since I last posted, but I was waiting for something worthwhile to write about. I may have lost some of you but I'm hoping that you might find your way back to my blog and be surprised by my contribution this week.
Destination: Glenwood Springs
Location: about 200 miles west of Denver, in the heart of the Rockies
Reason: R & R, and to see some sights recommended by the locals (which are the best source of where to go and what to see).
I spent a day and a half (minus the 6 hours road time to get there and back) here. I hiked to Hanging Lake (see part 2 for a couple pictures) and got some good exercise. Had a very relaxing and quiet night at the B & B I stayed in, about 9 miles up one mountain, a ski resort in the winter. There was a hot tub on the patio and minimal people about. I enjoyed the silence. Today (the second day), I road a tram up a mountainside to an "adventure park", paid $20 to see inside a cave that was discovered in the late 1800s. It was an hour and 15 min tour, again, see part 2 for picture, and I saw some intriguing creations that the earth is responsible for. Then I treated myself to an "ultimate body treatment", which was fab! I got a full body scrub down then a massage and facial. I feel moisturized and relaxed, not much better than that! And here I am, back in my humble apartment, getting ready for bed.
Life is hard out here in Denver! Obviously! (c:
As a response to the comment made on my last entry by Julie, Steve and Sara... I am currently working out my return to saints. Although, I'm not positive of what shift I'll be returning to... So, mark your calendars, and prep yourself because my crazy ass will be back to work before you know it! tentatively, the 6th of October will be my first week back...but I haven't officially re-applied, waiting for more directions. Anyway, I wanted to give you an update, since you asked. There it is.
I start my last week of work at UCH on Sunday, and should be home in a couple weeks...crazy.
Anyway, enjoy the pictures from my trip...be well!

1 comment:

Amy Starkey said...

looks like you had lots of fun this weekend! enjoy the rest of your time out there, before you know it you'll be back in michigan and home with family and friends. what's this about a tree on your house?? hope things are ok.